Monday 8 December 2008

Training run on Helsby course

Good start to the week. Managed to get my run done today. Although a bit shorter than planned, I'm still happy with the result: 1okm in 53'45", average of 11.2km/h. As usual the start was a bit too fast for a training run and was quite out of breath at the top of the hill in Dunham on The Hill! Enjoyed the downhill more but as I was running 5km out and 5km back I had to do this bit uphill on the way back.
Nice downhill though towards the end and managed to keep a good pace for the last 2km.

Planning to do something I wanted to try for a while on Wednesday evening: spinning. They run classes in Northgate Arena and think I'll give it a try. Cross-training is supposed to be good so fingers crossed my legs will be ok for another 2 or 3 runs this week.

I've moved my 10 mile training run to Sunday morning. This means I will be doing 2 longs ones in 2 weeks but should be able to cope with that providing my cold totally disappears.
More on the training later this week.

Hopefully the Liverpool Santa Dash filming will now be uploaded on my Facebook page and more to follow later this week - enjoy!

Bye for now!

Nathalie

No comments: