Saturday 24 January 2009

Still full of cold!

Lake at Delamere Forest (copyright PicturesofEngland.com)

Really annoying that my cold doesn't want to go away. I know it's probably because I'm tired as it's a busy period at work until the end of March but this year seems to be a particularly bad one for colds and flu. Had to take a day off work yesterday as been up coughing half the night on Thursday. Seem to be feeling ok when running but from the moment I'm in the warmth of the house or office (too warm in there anyway - we have to open windows in winter!) this tickly cough comes back.
Anyway, no spinning for me this morning as didn't feel quite up to it this morning. Have decided to go for a slow 10km run in Delamere Forest tomorrow morning with Sue, one of the ladies who sometimes joins our running group. Let's hope the weather is ok and should be nice running of-road for a change.

Brother Pascal said last week that I really should be training more kilometres a week (now between 30-40 average and this week 2km short) but realistically because of work commitments and having the energy (I also need to be mentally prepared for a good training), I know that the period between April-September is the best for me for training more. Therefore my targets for setting PBs will be during this time of year, with 'Rapper dan een Ezel' in Kuurne, Belgium the exception as this 1/2 marathon is on Friday 2nd October.
Will try and get 4 runs in next week (including my race next Sunday, the 5K in Alexandra Park): Monday, Thursday, Friday and race on Sunday.
Bye for now - Nat

1 comment:

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant ce ai postat.M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazut chiar e frumos si interesant.Felicitari si sigur am sa mai revin!