Thursday 1 January 2009

First training of 2009: Went well!

As planned I decided to run with the group this evening. It was freezing so the hat and gloves were really necessary! It took a good 10 minutes before my fingertips were warm and comfortable. We were only with seven runners this evening and I decided to avoid the re-grouping (when we wait for the slower runners) and try and complete the run without stopping on my own. The two fast men caught up with me at the garage, but from there it was a lonely run on my own. Anyway, glad I ran the 8.86km run without stopping as it was really too cold to stand on a street corner three times for a few minutes.
I completed the 8.86km in 48:09, or 11km/h. Happy that at least I managed to keep an evenly pace for most of the route and the two day's rest after Monday's long run has done me good. The legs felt ok.

Will try and do another run tomorrow, if possible 10km at a slower speed. If I get out of bed early I might try my second spinning session on Saturday but not sure yet as I am racing in Delamere Forest on Sunday morning. Really looking forward to that one as it's the first time that I will run a race there.

Hopefully a report with some photos on Sunday! My husband was going to do the 2mile Fun Run there but decided after Sunday's mile that he needs to do some training first. Our friend Angela will join the Fun Run and maybe our daughter Rebecca too, but 2 miles is maybe a bit too far for her yet and looking at last year's results they didn't have many participants in the short run.

Ciao - Nathalie

No comments: