Saturday 29 November 2008

Training this week: not as planned

The training week so far hasn't gone according to plan. This has been due to work for my course etc. Only managed to run on Monday with the group and with Mark last night. Yesterday we did a slow 9.2km run at approx. 10.3km/h. Probably did me good as I tend to run too fast during training runs with Mark. He is still recovering from the flu so we had to take it easy.
Don't want to drop below 3 runs a week, so out again for my Sunday run at 10am tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some company and aim to cover around 10km. This should bring the total just under 30km this week. Hope to up this by 10km next week, although with the Santa Dash in Liverpool next Sunday (5km) that might be a bit tricky.
Anyway, need to hand in a piece of coursework on Thursday so after that should be able to get some extra evening runs in.

Not panicking about Helsby as my 2 long runs so far have gone great and the blisters have nearly gone. Tried my new Asics last night and they're great!

No comments: