Sunday 16 November 2008

Four Villages 1/2 Marathon: photos of the course



















The run today turned out to be a photoshoot of the Four Villages 1/2 marathon instead. As this was the very first time we went to the course, we took the wrong turn twice in the first couple of miles. This meant that I had to stop three times in the first couple of miles and got fed up. We decided to carry on doing the whole route by car and come back another day for me to run part, and than run the whole route with some other runners on 28th December.
For me having seen the whole course now, the hardest bit is the first hill at approx. 1.5miles (2.4km - photo 3 above) and the up and down section between 9 and 11 miles (14.5-18km). I do love the long downhill at about 18km, which you can see in the last two photos above.
A very nice scenic course and lovely to admire the views today on this beautiful day. Let's hope conditions are similar in january!
As I've quite a bit to do for my course today this also means that I have only put in two training sessions this week. Not getting worried though as next week I'm putting in 4 sessions and one 16km one on Sunday so a calmer week will hopefully be good for my legs!
Back in training with the group tomorrow: the Curzon Park route: 6 miles (9.6km).

No comments: