Monday 10 November 2008

Start of a new training week!

My recovery drink!

I had booked a day's leave today to catch up with some coursework for my BSc Information Management. Glad to be able to 'take it easy' physically as the legs were hurting a little bit.

However, the plan was to go out with the group this evening and this time to do the re-grouping and stop-start my watch as a different lap in order to get an accurate average speed. I saw the run a bit as a short and fast session and tried to run with the front runners.

Couldn't keep up with them in the first half of the run, but surprisingly I did manage during the last 2 miles or so.
This gave a 8.36km run in 43'39" or 11.5km/h. I was very happy with the speed in the last kilometer when I nearly sprinted to Northgate Arena. At least my legs have recovered well from yesterday's longer run.
The training is paying off! I am also having regular EAS Whey Protein shakes (100% drug free!!) after most runs and hopefully they also help me with my recovery. My brother told me they had helped him with his recovery during marathon training so I am taking his advice.
Up to the next one, a slow 10km on my own on Wednesday. Hopefully I will be able to follow Pascal's advice this time and run very slow.
Enjoy your races tomorrow my friends in Belgium - I will be working hard!!
Greetings
Nathalie


No comments: