Sunday 2 November 2008

Alexandra Park 5K: Good result!

Nearly there: short sprint to the finish
Start of the last lap

Can't keep up the speed and slowing down a little



Keep going and try and keep the speed up


Let's stay behind this guy and try and 'hang on'! Good start to the race

The fast men!

We're all ready to go and Anna on the bike too!


For some reason the photos above have loaded in reverse order. Something to remember for the future when uploading photos on this new blog.
Anyway, happy with my race today. I managed to run my best time for this race, 23'24" (best in Alexandra Park was 23'44") so only 30" above my personal best over 5km.
The first kilometer was maybe a bit too fast for me, 4'23" but than if I don't start fast over a short distance I always run badly.
Managed to stay with another runner in the last lap to keep an even speed and could do a little sprint at the end to stay under 23'30".
Back training with the group tomorrow and hopefully another 10km+ for me as I keep running back and forth when the others re-group and wait for the slightly slower runners.

Looking forward to my first 10mile training run next Sunday morning. Have 4 of those planned, 9/11, 23/11, 6/12 and 28/12. Will do the full 1/2 marathon distance on the Helsby course on 21st December so will know full well what to expect on 18th January 2009.



No comments: