Sunday 5 April 2009

Enjoying my running!

Spring has arrived: flowers in the Grosvernor Park in Chester

No race today. Didn't feel too good this weekend (time of the month) and decided to do a 10km training run instead of the 5km race today. Surprisingly the training turned out to be faster than Friday's and managed to run the same distance at 11.37km/h instead of 11km/h. Will do a slower 7km tomorrow evening and should be ready to race the Chester Spring 5 (5miles) on Wednesday evening.

Will try and keep the current routine of 4 training runs a week as much as possible: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Obviously the 2 races next week means that I only need 2 training runs.

As the workload is a bit lighter at work, I might also build in some longer lunchbreaks and go running along the canal at lunchtime or go for a swim to improve my overall fitness.

Feeling really positive about my running at the moment and looking forward to racing again!


No comments: