Monday 13 April 2009

Running dream: To run the World Marathon Majors!

With my first marathon now firmly on the calendar and the 12 week training schedule prepared (starts 29th June), I can start dreaming about my BIG goal!

My dream is to run the World Marathon Majors: 5 marathons: Berlin (September), Boston (April), Chicago (October), London (April) and New York (November).

Of course it all depends on if my body can cope with marathon running and another big factor is money. Three of the marathons are in America and this will involve a big amount of money for travel. I wouldn't want to go on my own, so these will all hopefully be family trips! Entering the races in America isn't cheap either, for example just noticed that Chicago is $150 entry fee.

Big problem will be Boston, as this one has a qualifying time. For me at the moment age 35-39 it's 3hrs45min, than it's 40-44: 3hrs50 and 45-49: 4hrs. Maybe I will have to wait until 2015 when I'm 45!!

Looking at the dates too, for example London and Berlin in one year looks realistic and money and holidays permitting, Boston and Chicago or New York in one year is possible too.
Problem with London is the ballot, but heard that if you can't get in a few times, you do get in automatically after a few tries. Will start trying for London next year... that is if I still feel like running another one after the Leiemarathon on 20/09/09!

Off to the seaside with my daughter for two days now - hope the weather stays nice!

Greetings Nathalie

No comments: