Thursday 16 April 2009

Running training update

Some small corrections on my last 2 races and the finishing times.
Chester Spring 5: 38'43" (I was 3" out) and Runcorn 'Run the Bridge': 37'57" (7 seconds out - bit puzzled by that but never mind, still a good PB!).

Managed a good training session the day after Runcorn, on Monday. Did 10km with an average of 11.5km/h, maybe too fast for me for a 'recovery' run but legs felt good.

Hum, should have done another 10km on Wednesday along the seafront in Llanduno but only managed 4.3km. Reasons are pretty obvious. Knew it was a bad idea to go running on an empty stomach and had a bit too much wine to drink with the friends who own The Kestrel, the Bed & Breakfast we were staying at! No more alcohol for me for a while. Can't 'hold my drink' at all and didn't feel too good until about tea-time yesterday.

Never mind, an extra 8km traning session today, 10km tomorrow, rest Saturday (meal out for my hubby's birthday!) and long run (16km) with Sue on Sunday on the course for the Chester 1/2 marathon.

No comments: