Sunday 3 May 2009

Training going very well!

Suprised myself tonight and ran 18km instead of the planned 10km. I was going to take it easy tonight, as I did a short and faster run last night (6km at 12.2km/h average).

When I came to the 6km point in Huntington, I decided to turn left and do a large extra lap (wasn't sure how far this was), which we used to do quite often on our bike years ago. Started to slow down a bit at 7-8km (always seem to struggle there during a long run) and things started to pick up again once I'd done 10-11km. I saw that I had 11.3km when I'd been running 1 hour and decided to keep going until I saw 18km on my Garmin.

To my surprise I kept the speed up and even managed to run 12km+/h between 16-18km. The course was more undulating than the Chester 1/2 marathon course and to my surprise I finished the 18km in 1h34'18", more or less the speed I need to run in 2 week's time for the full distance to get my target time of 1h50'. Also, I didn't take any drink with me today and ran on my own. Really happy with the run tonight and will have a very short and slow one tomorrow.
Rest on Tuesday as working late, 10km on Wednesday and maybe a 5km race in Christleton on Friday. Training race on Sunday 10th May in Liverpool. Decided not to go flat out there and save some energy for the important one on 17th May!

More photos from the London marathon on my blog tomorrow. Off to bed now as shattered!

Bye Nat

No comments: