Sunday 26 October 2008

Paula Radcliffe wins Great South Run & Good training session for me!




Paula Radcliffe stormed to victory in the Bupa Great South Run in Portsmouth today. She also set a new Bristish record over the 10 mile distance!

Certainly showed she's back and hopefully we'll see another victory next Sunday in the New York Marathon where she defends her title.


Seeing Paula run gave me a bit of motivation to go out training on my own today. Must say though: I do not like running on my own. For me it is psychological and really had to tell myself to 'keep going' and get to that 12km I wanted to put in today.

Anyway, managed to do the run and covered the distance with an average speed of 11km/h, just a bit faster than expected so happy with the progress.


However, can see one problem for me with the longer distances and that's: blisters. Because of my bunions on both feet I am very prone to blisters. I also used to suffer badly from them when doing long distance walking. Let's hope they won't be 'throwing a spanner in the works' as my training is going so well.

Any advice on how to treat them best will be greatly received. Luckily nothing too bad yet but planning to run my first 10miles in two weeks time so fingers crossed.


So overall a good week's training! Hopefully the same next week.

No comments: