Saturday 19 December 2009

Stiperstones Seasonal Saunter: 31km walk/run - 4hrs16'10"

My room at The Stiperstones Inn: lovely & the food also!







The Stiperstones Seasonal Saunter, a 20mile challenge event organised by the Marches Group of the Long Distance Walkers Association started in Snailbeach, Shropshire. The event was recommended to me by Helen & Garfield Southall, both very keen walkers. Unfortunately they couldn't make it.

The event was going to be good for my stamina and getting some mileage in my legs for the Tokyo marathon - now not so far away!

I had decided to travel down to Snailbeach on Friday evening and with the bad road/weather conditions on Saturday in Cheshire, that proved a wise decision! The SatNav got me there without any problems by 7pm and I was ready for a nice and relaxing evening. Accommodation and food at the Stiperstones Inn were excellent and thoroughly enjoyed my meal on Friday evening.

I wanted to be at the village hall before 8am, so had asked for a tray with breakfast.
(more to follow tomorrow - need my bed now!)

No comments: