Saturday 21 November 2009

Training update: enjoying running & cycling

Early arrival of my Xmas present - need to wait to wear them:-(

I've now joined the Chester Triathlon Club but think I need to wait until January 2010 to be officially a member, as it's not worth it paying the 2009 fee now being end November.

Really enjoy the interval sessions on Wednesdays, even if they take a lot out of me. Realised that maybe I can move up to a faster group, but rather not do so as 'real' speed is not the aim, certainly not for the first part of 2010 with the Tokyo & Paris marathons.

However, as I really enjoy my cycling again, I've checked the club's website and decided if possible, to enter the following 'members only' events:

6th December club duathlon
27th December 9 mile club bike TT
17th Jan 4 villages half marathon
24th January 16 mile club bike TT
21st February club duathlon
7th March Farndon 10k

I have entered the 4 Villages 1/2 marathon already anyway and will also do Farndon if my legs are ok a week after Tokyo. I did that race for the first time this year and thoroughly enjoyed it!

It will be interesting to see how I do in the cycling, but not really worried about coming in last, it's all about enjoyment for me and getting back into it! Not doing any of the swim events yet as my front crawl is bad. Need to get some lesson on technique, but want to wait until after Tokyo for that.

So far this week I've done a 10km run on my own, interval with the club and an hour's bike ride today. Tomorrow we're (weather permitting) cycling 27 miles and a flatter route than last Sunday. In the evening I'm hoping to do a slow 10km again, so I've done at least 3 runs this week. From next week onwards I am hoping to increase the mileage and do a 10 mile run maybe on Monday. It will be a juggling act, as I'm out on Thursday and Friday evening but one has to have some fun too!

Until the next posting!

No comments: