Thursday 12 November 2009

Picked up the training again!

After a relatively quiet two weeks on the training front (apart from a 19km session in Belgium on 26th October and a short run later that week), I've picked up the pace again and started with what will hopefully turn into a routine of 4 running sessions a week: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

I have also decided to join Chester Triathlon Club. The immediate plan is not to compete in triathlons, but it's certainly something I want to do in the long-term future, as I've done some short ones in my younger years!

Reasons for joining the Chester Tri club are:
- enjoy the interval sessions on the track on Wednesdays
- want to start cycling more again and will join their shorter sessions on Sundays when I'm not racing!

This week I did a 10K run on my own which went fine, interval yesterday on the track (3 x 600-600- 400m), another 10K tomorrow and 28 mile bike ride on Sunday with hopefully a 5-6K run in the evening.

Will see how this goes, as need to start stepping up the kilometres again, with the Tokyo marathon in February 2010.

3 more races planned this year:
- 29/11: Salford Ladies only 5.25miles
- 6/12: Alexandra Park 5K
- 26/12: Round the Walls race in Chester

Will try and post more regular updates and some race photos!

Ciao - Nathalie

No comments: