Tuesday 3 March 2009

Race report and training

As promised here is a short race report. Don't seem to have much time these days for my blog and with the weather turning milder I want to be out there running!!

I decided to start the 10K race on Sunday slowly (not training for 10 days) and stood 2/3 back in the pack. Once the gun went off it took about 30 seconds to a minute before I could get into my stride. I continued to run slower than usual at the start of a race and picked up the pace a little bit after about 2km. I thought the course would be flat-ish but it was far from that! Quite a few what we would call 'small hills' in Flanders, so certainly the toughest of the five 10K races I've done so far.

Halfway I came through above 25 minutes, so I knew that my normal target of 50 minutes would be for another day. Managed to speed up a bit with 2 kilometres to go (when I though it would be all the way downhill) but had to slow down again when the road went slightly uphill.

Pleased with the result of 51'23" (unofficial result!) without much training and on this course. Really enjoyed the great scenery and the weather was lovely. Will be back next year!!!

Yesterday, I managed to do a 6km recovery run at 10.7km/h and hopefully another 3 training sessions this week. A training report at the end of the week.

Happy running!

No comments: